- Establish and maintain parade grounds where there is a confirmed need and provide landscape materials appropriate for the locale following UFC 3-201-02 Appendix B and Installation Facilities Standards (IFS).
- Bleachers may be installed only when there is a documented requirement at parade grounds and fields for recreational events. Nonferrous metals that do not require painting or going maintenance are preferred. Follow IFS for quantities, sizes, and product data.
- Provide recreational areas and parks following the base’s Installation Development Plan (IDP) and IFS. Refer to the Site Furnishings topic for additional information.
- Maintain preservation areas on a base following the IDP and IFS.
- Comply with UFC 4-010-01 DoD Minimum Antiterrorism Standards for Buildings and UFC 4-022-03 Security Fences and Gates for all elements associated with the base’s gates and perimeter fence.
- Fencing and gates adjacent to the Main Gate of a base shall be a level of quality equivalent to Facility Group 1.
- Identify and describe base-wide utility corridors in the IDP.
- Provide visual standards for base-wide utility infrastructure in the IFS.
Preserve native undisturbed open space whenever possible to serve as visual and physical buffers, reduce landscape maintenance, conserve water resources, and protect natural habitat.
Use an integrated design approach to identify and define common areas for public gathering or recreational use. Provide public areas only where functionally required and appropriate for the local climate.
Provide pedestrian-oriented recreational areas, parks, ceremonial areas, and other open space systems such as greenways, corridors, and neighborhood linkages consistent with the base’s Installation Development Plan.
Inside the perimeter fence, provide architecturally compatible privacy walls as required and visually screen unsightly uses. Reflect the scale and materials of adjacent facilities following Installation Facilities Standards (IFS).
Consider and maintain open space as part of the installation’s stormwater system.
UFC 2-100-01 Installation Master Planning http://www.wbdg.org/FFC/DOD/UFC/ufc_2_100_01_2012.pdf
UFC 3-201-01 Civil Engineering http://wbdg.org/FFC/DOD/UFC/ufc_3_201_01_2013_c1.pdf
UFC 3-201-02 Landscape Architecture http://www.wbdg.org/FFC/DOD/UFC/ufc_3_201_02_2009_c1.pdf
UFC 3-210-10 Low Impact Development http://www.wbdg.org/FFC/DOD/UFC/ufc_3_210_10_2015_c1.pdf
UFC 4-010-01 DoD Minimum Antiterrorism Standards for Buildings http://www.wbdg.org/FFC/DOD/UFC/ufc_4_010_01_2012_c1.pdf
UFC 4-022-03 Security Fences and Gates http://wbdg.org/ffc/dod/unified-facilities-criteria-ufc/ufc-4-022-03
AFI 32-7062 Comprehensive Planning http://static.e-publishing.af.mil/production/1/af_a4/publication/afi32-7062/afi32-7062.pdf